This week didn’t fairly go as deliberate. Our air conditioner stopped engaged on Monday, and we have been with out it for a couple of hours. So having to cope with that, plus guarantee that Matt made it by way of a number of hours with out air-con on a day with 100+ diploma temps fully threw off my plans for the week. After which the curve ball of coping with the surprising modifications within the hallway toilet took up much more time that I had anticipated with the ability to dedicate to the studio. However isn’t that the best way life works?
So it’s been a little bit of a busy week, however I used to be nonetheless capable of make some progress within the studio. The progress is gradual, however it’s regular, so not less than I’m on the right track. I haven’t needed to tear out any extra drywall or undo anything that’s already completed, in order that’s all the time excellent news. 😀
Earlier within the week, I confirmed y’all how I modified the IKEA Sektion cupboards to make use of on the lengthy entrance wall of the studio. I acquired all of these put in, and now they’re prepared for trim and a countertop.
Earlier than I acquired sidetracked with the A/C and hallway toilet countertop, my plan was to work on the countertop and have the higher cupboards put collectively in time for some males in our Wednesday evening group to have the ability to carry these into place for me. However after dropping nearly a whole work day due to the A/C, I knew that aim wasn’t going to work out, so I made a decision to maneuver on to the opposite cupboard part as an alternative. That manner, I can get all the cupboards put in, then get all the cupboards in each sections trimmed out, after which construct each counter tops on the similar time.
However earlier than I may set up cupboards, I needed to get that part of the room painted. Reasonably than paint the whole room without delay, I’m having to do it in sections due to the issues I’m having to work round. It’s not probably the most environment friendly option to work, however it’s high-quality. It’ll all get completed. 🙂 However for now, I painted the world of the ceiling that’s above this part of cupboards, after which I painted the a part of the wall that’s behind and beside this part of cupboards. I nonetheless have to return and try this little part above the door.
I typically get pleasure from portray a room, however I can let you know proper now that I’m not having fun with this one. I don’t like having to climb up and down a 10-foot ladder (I don’t like tall ladders), and I’m finally going to have to tug out the 12-foot ladder. I’m dreading that. However I’m getting it completed, part by part, slowly however certainly. I’m very proud of the colours that I lastly settled on — pure white extremely flat Behr ceiling paint for the ceiling, and Benjamin Moore Traditional Grey for the partitions (combined in Behr Premium paint).
So as soon as that part of the wall and ceiling have been painted, I may get to the enjoyable half — assembling and putting in the cupboards. I made and added 3-inch toes to those cupboards identical to I did for those on the lengthy wall. (You possibly can learn extra about that right here.) These toes don’t should be fairly as a result of they’ll be hidden behind trim.
I haven’t truly put in the cupboards but (i.e., connected them to the wall) as a result of the set up on these cupboards gained’t be as simple as the opposite wall of cupboards. As you possibly can see, this wall would require some areas between the cupboards.
Since I’m utilizing IKEA cupboards as an alternative of constructing from scratch, I solely had particular widths to select from. I selected the sizes that might fill the area as a lot as attainable, however the match wasn’t almost pretty much as good for this wall because it was for the lengthy entrance wall. I do know that I need the 2 center cupboards to be proper in opposition to one another (i.e., no area between them) and centered below the window.
However then that leaves areas on both aspect of the cupboard within the nook. It wants an area between the left aspect and the wall of not less than 1.5 inches, however then that leaves a 5-inch area on the precise aspect of the cupboard.
I had considered framing that out and having a slot for one thing helpful, however I can’t consider any cause I’d want a 15-inch-deep, 5-inch-wide, 30-inch excessive slot in an workplace setting. If it have been a kitchen, and the cupboards have been 24 inches deep, it will be a fantastic place for cookie sheets. However I can’t consider any use for this area, so I’ll in all probability simply cowl it with a 5-inch-wide spacer.
However no matter I do on that aspect, I’m additionally going to should do on the opposite aspect in an effort to hold the entire thing symmetrical.
I’ll determine it out. It’s simply going to take some thought and planning to get it good.
I’m actually hoping I can get these put in after which lastly make some progress on the counter tops this weekend. Barring any unexpected circumstances, that’s the plan. We’ll see how that goes. 😀
Addicted 2 Adorning is the place I share my DIY and adorning journey as I transform and beautify the 1948 fixer higher that my husband, Matt, and I purchased in 2013. Matt has M.S. and is unable to do bodily work, so I do nearly all of the work on the home on my own. You possibly can study extra about me right here.